Posted on 15 Apr, 2019 11:30 am by Flixmates 23
Bhairavgad is one of the most thrilling adventure treks in Maharashtra. It is well defined by a rock face called dyke. The rock towers at a height of 1145m and is a spectacular façade of immense beauty.
As one travels along the Malshej Ghat road, one notices sharp pinnacle of Bhairavgad, separated from the main range. It rises steeply from the Kankan plains and is rather tricky to climb A prominent and unique fort. The initial hike is through loose soil Followed by rock-cut steps. The walls overhang a little, and above, the steps are blown off . One will have to rock climb carefully above the overhang. More crumbling steps and plenty of screens before reaching the top make the trek more exciting. The top offers a great view of Malshej Ghats, NaneGhat, Jivdhan and many prominent peaks like Ajoba and Harishchandragad.
- Difficulty Level: Medium (Technical)
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Travelling From-to Kalyan
- 1 bf/tea & 1 Lunch
- Equipment & Safety gears
- Guide and Expertise charges
- Personal Expenses
- Anything which not covers in inclusion
- Medical/Insurance Expenses
The itinerary for the trek will be as follows:
- Meeting Point: ST Bus depot inquiry counter near/opposite Railway Station west at 23.00pm on 20th April 2019, we will be back to Mumbai by Sunday, 16:00 PM tentatively.
- Meet at Kalyan Bus Depot by 23:00 PM on 29th April night.
- Move to the base village by Private vehicle in route halt for tea/washroom.
- Reach Base village moroshi by 02.00am ready your torch headlamp
- Quick intro and brief about trail & start hike
- Easy Hike of 2hrs to reach open camping base of Bhairavgad & retire for a day
- Wakeup call & bf/tea freshen up by 05.30am
- Small scree traverse patch to reach wall base 07.00am
- We will start our Finale Short & Medium technical climb & reach the summit by next 1hr
- Explore surrounding/photos start descend
- Rappel down and refile your water bottles, immediate start descend to Moroshi village 10.30am
- Reach Moroshi in next 1.5hr of descend post Enjoy delicious village lunch
- Post lunch start to travel to Kalyan by Private Jeep, reach Kalyan by 15.30 Tentative
- Trek end with happy memories
Things to Carry:
- Identity proof (Must),
- A bottle of water (Minimum 2 Ltrs),
- One Packet of Energy Drink like Glucon-D or Electoral Powder mixes with one bottle of water & snacks & biscuits.
- TORCH (compulsory) with extra batteries
- Extra Pair of clothes (Optional),
- Camera, Cap etc (Optional),
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional),
- Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
- Sleeping bag/Mattress/Chaddar